Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Remember the Hunt?

I saw a sign in North Jersey over the weekend advertising the hunt in Far Hills, which took place a few weeks ago. It reminded me of the Monmouth County Hunt that used to be held every October in Middletown. I would have to say, and I bet some others of a certain age would agree, that the Hunt was the single best social event in Monmouth County of the entire year. It was as anticpated to a 18 year old (and older) as Christmas is to a 6 year old. I hope the "hunt" grounds do not get developed, if they haven't already, and the hunt someday returns to Middletown.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have fond memories of the hunt. I think the Middletown police put the kabosh on that event.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there and still have pics. I have one that shows the Woodstock-like proportions of the mess/garbage left behind. If that's at all behind the reason they quit can't say I blame them.

The property is still undeveloped - if arial recon is any indication...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?centerX=-74.05673503875732¢erY=40.38192447539731&zl=2&fl=h-e-h-0-1&polyline=

Alt...

http://tinyurl.com/ddx7g

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no comparison of the 2 hunts.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Little_Silvered said...

Anonymous said...

There is no comparison of the 2 hunts.

9:40 AM

What hunt do you like, the Far Hills or the Monmouth.

The Monmouth was my favorite because it was close to home. The Far Hills hunt did a pretty good job though the one time I went to it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home