Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"I know a pretty little place in Southern California...

...down San Diego way."

Here are some observations from California.

Snip...

"The Hopebuilder, Lennar, had a booth on the tournament site. I stopped by out of curiosity (it doesn�t hurt that it was manned by an attractive woman) to pick up the brochure. She informed me that if you buy a Lennar home within the next two months and produce your ticket stub you will get a $5,000 discount on top of any other promotion. She gave me a coupon for the discount in case I lose my stub. Basically, one can produce any of the 200,000 or so tickets sold to get the discount. On the map of �Lennar Communities� being built in the Valley I counted 17 sites. There are many more national Hopebuilders and even more local developers. Just last year, I read that the ground was broken on a planned community (a small city in N. Palm Springs to house thousands), I believe by a local developer. The increased supply will continue, even as the demand plummets, for at least a year, or two."

More...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home