Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Property Grunt

The property grunt is a realtor in NYC with a blog. He usually comments on the NYC market and has remarked two weeks in a row about the lack of traffic at his open houses. The grunt is a good writer and its probably worth the time to check out his blog to see how the real estate market is in Manhattan. I think that if prices decline in Manhattan, then they inevitably have to fall at the Shore since I believe many Shore house buyers are either buying vacation houses down here or are apartment owners with kids looking for more room.


Snip…

“Turnout at the Grunt’s open houses has been lower than turn out at a Pro FEMA rally in New Orleans. Ok. That was bad. But you get my drift.

While I have been waiting for the trickle of buyers I have been pondering the reasons for today’s atrocious results. One could argue that it was due to the traffic created by the Mexican Day parade but I have to disagree. As I have stated before in my previous experiences that I have seen people come through all types of weather and parades to come to open houses. Besides, everyone loves Mexicans. They make the best soap operas.”

More…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home