Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No Parking in Red Bank

Danny Murphy of Danny's Steak House weighs in on the lack of parking in Red Bank. He is absolutely right about how the lack of parking, or the fear of getting towed if you do find a spot, causes shoppers to go elsewhere. You know where it's free to park and you won't get towed, The Grove, two miles south of Broad Street.

"As I drove through Red Bank yesterday I counted the number of empty stores on Broad Street and West Front Street. I stopped counting at thirteen and had not gone done Monmouth Street or the side streets. The thought crossed my mind that we were going done the same road we went down over twelve years ago when we were “Dead Bank.” The reasons for the stores being empty maybe different then they were years ago but the coming results could be the same."

Full article...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to disagree on this one. I lived in Red Bank for five years, I now live in Middletown and visit Red Banks quite often. I have never had a problem finding a parking spot in Red Bank. Maybe I have been consistantly lucky, or it may be that I am not so lazy that I can actually park a few hundred yards away and walk to where I want to go. I think many people who come to Red Bank see it as going to a strip mall, where you can just easily park in front of your destination. If you want a strip mall experience, you have plenty of other options in Jersey. If you can't find the ideal spot, park farther away and walk your fat ass to where you need to go, I'm sure most could use the exercise.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Red Bank at least 3 times a week. I park in the lot off White St. just about every time. In the last three years I may have not found a spot in the lot fewer than 10 times.

The only problem with parking in that town is that they have meters and will screw you on a ticket.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what road Red Bank is going down ...the same road Asbury Park went down in the 60's They put in parking meters downtown also, well it took 40 years for them to come back(the meters are gone now).....welcome back dead bank

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Charles Cowan
homes for sale cartersville
http://www.etowahrealty.com

Monday, April 24, 2006 4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home