Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Boats on Lawns

I don’t know if its because I’m biased and I tend to look for signs of shaky financials in the context of a housing bubble, or if I have made a genuine observation reflective of the current condition of real estate, but I would swear I’m seeing more boats for sale on lawns that usual this spring. If I am seeing more boats for sale than usual, then it could possibly be because the boat was bought with equity borrowed from the house and also because high gas prices make boating very expensive. Has anyone else noticed an more lawn boats than usual this spring?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also look for Jet Skis. People with bad debt habits are famous for buying stupid crap like Jet Skis even if they're about to go delinquent on their mortgage payment. Suddenly they wake up and realize they need to act fast.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed many boats and jet skis with "for sale" signs in yards from Manasquan to Seaside Park. Look out for those big water floats (the ones you pull behind the boats) at yard sales too. The row boat will be making it's comeback this summer!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't read to much into this the season to sell watercraft,and motorcycles is the summer ....now really desperate people would be selling snowblowers,and snow skis,and ashley furniture ....

Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home