Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Know How Much You Overpaid for Your House

The Monmouth County Clerk, after a brief court injunction, is now putting deeds and mortgages up on its web page. In short, if I want to see how much a house down the street sold for, I can now look it up at the web site linked below.

I'm not really sure I approve of this level of disclosure, based on privacy concerns, but its available anyway.

Monmouth County Clerk Deed Search Page

http://oprs.co.monmouth.nj.us/oprs/clerk/ClerkHome.aspx?op=basic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's public record, if you want to see the mortgage/deed/liens for any property in NJ you can go to the court house and look it up for free! Some counties have access through the internet, just takes out the step of actually going to the courthouse.

Monday, July 04, 2005 5:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home