Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rumson Teardowns

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to tour two different parts of the Shore. On Sunday morning I drove through Rumson and on Monday I was down near Tuckerton.

The part of Rumson that I drove through on Sunday was the “blue-collar” section of town, which is the area roughly bordered by Bingham Road to the west, Ridge Road to the south, the Navesink River to the north and maybe Avenue of the Two Rivers to the East. In general, this area used to be one of the more affordable sections of Rumson since the lots are smaller relative to the estate type properties in the other parts of town. I once heard this area referred to as “the village” but I doubt it’s as blue collar as it once was.

In any event, there seemed to be a decent amount of houses for sales, but not necessarily an extraordinary amount. What I did notice though were a lot of new construction on old lots. It seemed that this part of town had quite a few “tear downs” and “build ups” with some still in process.

On Rumson Road, which has more estate type properties, I noticed a large ranch style house that would probably retail for about $1.5 million or more, up for lease. It seemed like an odd kind of property that one would try to rent out, but as I have said before on this blog, I am seeing more single family houses up for rent these days than in past years. I believe that that the increase in single family rentals in towns like Rumson, Little Silver and Fair Haven reflect the possibility that investors (or speculators) might be more involved in buying these types of properties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home