Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Who Needs a Realtor?

Curbed.com posted a link last week to a For Sale By Owner (FSBO or FizzBow) listing for an apartment in Brooklyn. The people selling the apartment built a pretty impressive website to showcase their apartment and have apparently generated a lot of free publicity and buyer interest.

Now that the housing market is stalling and inventories are building, it looks to me like other sellers are going to have to get creative in order to generate interest from potential buyers.

6 Comments:

Blogger njcoast said...

I sold in 2004 without a realtor. I got $700,000 MORE than what a realtor friend projected I could sell it for!The process went very smoothly, I sold the house in one hour with no advertising just word of mouth. Realtors try to portray how complicated it is sell a home but it is really easy. The key is to get a good closing attorney, one that only deals with real estate. My attorney was much more helpful than any realtor and he charged $550 for the closing! Besides the criminally high state realty transfer fee, that $550 was all the costs I incurred selling my home.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everyone can build an impressive web site and market it.

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous roofers said...

Wow... Find me a roofers Today.. If you are having problems with your roof. Look no more.. Visit us at http://rooferss.com and get the information aboutroofers.. If you cant find what you need go to http;/contractorr.com ..

Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

money books for your home library collection.

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:33:00 PM  
Anonymous real estate listings said...

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:10:00 AM  
Anonymous real estate listings said...

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home