Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mortgage Rates Up Today

I wonder if the steady increase in mortgage rates will result in a buying rally. Many people seem to think that buying when rates are low and houses are expensive is a winning proposition. I think at this point I would wait until rates are higher and prices are lower since I can always refi, when rates do finally move lower, but I can only over pay for a house once.


"CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- U.S. mortgage rates continued to push higher in the week ending Thursday, with the national average rate on the benchmark 30-year loan hitting 6.43%, its highest level in 31 months.

Freddie Mac in its weekly mortgage survey said the 30-year climbed from 6.35% a week ago. A year ago at this time, the loan average 5.93%. The 30-year hasn't been this high since Sept. 4, 2003, when it stood at 6.44%."

More...

6 Comments:

Blogger Boca Expert said...

In the year prior to Hurricane Wilma, which ripped through south Florida in October, 2005, 64 homes had new owners at the Boca Country Club. If you're interested in real estate, a snapshot of the present may show the Housing Bubble has already popped. read more ...

Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Monday, April 10, 2006 11:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello ##name##. Living in CA , we are always looking for ways to save us some money on any home in the south.mortgage if you know of a website or relaible business that can help us, please let us know.mortgage
thanks

Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can never spend enough time blogging because I�m busy with my own real estate work, but I enjoyed your site. Too brief a visit, but thanks for the insight. Visit my site if you have a chance.

Friday, April 14, 2006 6:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already starting to get ready for another hurricane season in Florida. Starts in June. Not sure how it will effect my real estate work. Tough business right now. So I enjoy taking a break and seeing what other people are up to. Enjoyed visiting your blog. Visit my site if you have a chance.

Monday, April 24, 2006 7:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I go blogging, it often ends up a fruitless journey. I often think I'd do better if I just stuck with my own real estate sites ... and then I come across a blog like yours, and it make the trip worthwhile. Thanks. Visit my site if you have a chance.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home