Friday, November 25, 2005

Jackson and Howell FSBO

As many of you know, I post the number of houses that are listed for sale on the MLS for eastern Monmouth County every Wednesday. The MLS system doesn't usually doesn't show houses that are being sold by the owner (FSBO), so the actual number of houses for sale in anyone are is larger than what the MLS system indicates.

Driving around the Howell and Jackson area the past few days, I noticed lots of FSBO and "assist to sell" property signs along the roads. I would guess that these towns, since they are realtively cheap compared to towns closer to the ocean, have seen more speculator interest. Moreover, I would guess that the large number of "for sale" signs (both Realtor and FSBO) that I saw down there this weekend is indicative of speculators trying to bail out before the market turns really ugly in the Spring of 2006.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the guy who adds in the western Monmouth and Southern Monmouth numbers in your comments I have often wondered about the volume of FSBOs in the county.
The AP press real estate classified section usually has a decent sized list and when I did my own condo sale in 99 I used it.
Anyway, I can tell you that WM and SM have not been adding listings at the same rate and EM (actually NEM) and was wondering if you had any thoughts on why.

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Little_Silvered said...

I wonder if its because there seems to be more new construction by developers. The major developers like Hovnanian don't usually post to the MLS since they sell directly to the public.

Monday, November 28, 2005 6:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home